Thursday, July 07, 2005

Day One Dinner Break

To make a long story short:

I was ice cold at the beginning and was down to 9k after half an hour. I then allowed a superaggressor to try to bluff me off AK after an A high flop to win a big pot and get to 14k. The cards then went fairly cold for three hours but I was able to get up to 16k by making some moves with nothing.

The fourth level was crazy. It seemed like I was in every pot. The first hand of the level I busted a smallish stack with KK and found myself table chip leader at 21k. Shortly after that I blew 8k on a stone bluff and was feeling nauseous. I then "newschooled" AK and won a monster, heartpounding, do-or-die pot to get back above 20k. I'll describe these last two hands later tonight - I think they'll be interesting to read about.

Then the dream scenario: UTG raises and I reraise in 3rd pos with AA. Folds to the button who announces "raise" and sticks in most of his stack. We get it all in and he has KK of the same suits as my AA. Nothing scary ever hits and I have 35k. A few hands later I pick up aces again and raise in late position. The guy behind me calls. I bet a jack high flop and he raises. I put him in for 6k more and he folds.

I have 38,800 right now with three more levels scheduled for tonight. They'll be dropping like flies all night long and hopefully I won't be one of them. I've got the most chips at my table (a very good table by the way) and plan on continuing to build. I'll post a lengthy entry at the end of the night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

two main things: 1) i love you 2) i suspected this would be your time all along. just remember this is your comfort zone and this is how you will continue to be successful, at this pace you'll do more than fine. no doubt the level of difficulty is higher but you need to approach this as a game at wheeler or lincoln. your top notch skills will cary you through, never fuckin' doubt that. just pretend you're playing against random yet capable college kids at wheeler or lincoln. you need that confidence and you need to play with that lack of apprehension. you have the skills to own tables tom. play with the pizazz of tom fuller in the basement of 32 wheeler and i have no doubt that with your stack i will see you on espn in a few months and be able to brag to all of my friends back home. please trust your game and i have no doubt everything will all work out beautifully.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

in case you were wondering i was drunk when i wrote that comment.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Jeremy that is the best commentary I have every read, and I love you and Tom as well.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home