Monday, June 27, 2005

Playing My Ass Off

I have been playing a lot lately, both at the WSOP and the Palms. I've been playing phenomenal, fearless poker but have little to show for it. In the last two WSOP tournaments I played I was able to more than double my stack both times by winning lots of small pots. In both tournaments I had the "most" chips at my table after a few hours...because I had accumulated a ton of green 25 and black 100 chips but very few pink 500s so in reality I never had that big of a stack.

At the Palms yesterday I was probably the chip leader with 15 left but went out in 11th for a miniscule payday. I got outplayed in one huge pot which left me short enough that I had to risk my whole tournament with pocket eights and I ran into aces. I've been eliminated by AA at least six different times including four at the WSOP.

Only two more chances at the WSOP before the championship. I still believe a breakthrough will come soon.

Comments on the comments others have posted on the blog:

1. Spencetron: Kwicky is right, no one has tamed CU. I actually believe Derg Chan the Master (my brother) currently has the course record.

2. Spencetron: I agreed wholeheartedly with your Safin comment after watching some of that Phillipousis destruction...until the Lopez debacle of course.

3. Uncle Jim: I am looking forward to reading the Camp Lemmon blog.

4. Spencetron: Billups is from Denver, and he is not a buffoon.

5. Smartmomma: Who are you? Mommy?

6. Kwicky, Wolf, Jeremy, and Lazypoo: I really appreciate the words of encouragement. Honestly encouragement and positive thinking is more important than anything else right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

i'm glad your appreciate the encouragement so much tom although i am a little dissapointed you didn't point out that i was right about detroit losing! now here are some more negative words, you need to update your fucking blog more than once every five days. i'm bored out of my mind here and check for updates multiple times each day. hehe. i'm excited for this breakthrough that's coming i want to be able to tell friends from high school that my friend tom was on tv in the wsop (no pressure). keep up the good poker it's coming, i can sense it.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home