Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Gambling Firsts

I forgot to mention in the previous entry that I recently made a couple gambling breakthroughs. On Sunday night I finally beat a low limit hold 'em game, crushing the 3-6 limit at Harrah's to the tune of $150 in an hour and a half. Nothing compared to the life-changing $360 loss at Canterbury Park in September 2003 (a nightmare that drives me to this day).

Nick stopped in Vegas Monday night on his way out to Claremont. Together we made a score at the roulette table. At this one table 22 came up at least six times in the span of 20 rolls and we both rode that cash cow to a nice win. I promised myself I wouldn't fold pocket deuces the next day at the WSOP but lost the only pot I played with them.

The next gambling breakthrough will be Friday when I make my first WSOP cash.

By the way "Pour Some Sugar on Me" is now playing in the internet cafe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home