Saturday, June 18, 2005

Moon vs. Thomas

The title of this post does not refer to me battling any sort of inner demons or my alter ego "GnightMoon" jockeying with the real me, but rather today's 1.5k NLHE shootout when I had Thomas "Thunder" Keller to my left. I thought I had a good shot in this event since I have so much experience playing single table sit and gos. But I was never able to get much going and busted out with 5 left when I moved in with A6 in the small blind and Keller had kings in the big blind. I wasn't unhappy about my play although I did make one mistake early on calling what I hoped was a bluff. It was nice to play with Keller since he's one of my favorite players and a role model as well.

Tonight I played the Palms tourney. On the second hand I busted a player with a set of kings over his set of tens. I treaded water for the next couple hours before the crapshoot began. Despite cracking aces with KQs my fate was to bust out with 30 left paying 18. Overall though I was quite happy with my play and believe I have patched a couple leaks that have been slowing me down.

I'm not playing again at the WSOP until Wednesday. Now would be a good time to bail but I'm not going anywhere. I need the practice and the dream is still alive. After all, it's almost a full moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home