Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Christmas Eve

I haven't been this excited in a long time. The feeling reminds me of Christmas Eve before I was ten, or the night before the Egg Drop finals competition each year at NCAR, or going to Arizona in the summers when I was younger. I feel like a little kid about to open a humongous secret present, except this present costs ten thousand dollars. But it might be worth seven million, and that is why tonight is so exciting.

No matter what happens in the future, and what has happened these past few weeks, I'll always be able to say that I played in the world's biggest poker tournament when I was 22. I'll always remember the feeling I have right now. The analytical part of my brain knows that the chances of making the final table are extremely small, and would be even if I was the best player in the world. But just believing it's possible is so exciting that I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep much tonight, and probably won't feel quite right physically until I have none or all of the ~50 million chips in play.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I think I speak on behalf of the entire 32 Wheeler Crew when I say that we're rooting for you. And remember, "There is no road of flowers leading to glory."

1:57 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

When you say never says never you've already said never twice. This is your time to shine.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home