Friday, July 08, 2005

Day One Complete

Way too tired to write the full entry promised earlier. Next two days though I have nothing to do so I'm sure I will write an epic.

Again the brief synopsis:

I had 48k after level 5, and 60k after level 6. Level 7 was not so kind. I then came over the top of a raiser with AK for 7k and had to fold when the player behind me went all in for 14k more (KK and AA are the only hands a non-Juanda/non-maniac can do this with and he claimed aces). Three hands later I had AKs in the BB with 8 million limpers for 500. I raise 3k more and get one caller who is fresh to the table. I figure he probably has AQ or maybe a high-middle pair. The flop is rags and I check. God I hate playing hands out of position. He checks. The turn is a Q and I check-fold. He later tells me he had QTs. If I bet that flop I pick up the 10k pot without a confrontation but I was too scared he had a pair and wouldn't fold. So that hurt and shortly after I lost another 5500 with 57s.

They finally turned us loose at about 2:30 AM after starting at 11 AM. An exhausting day but it's just getting started.

My final count for the day is 44,125. Average will be around 30k with blinds at 300-600 and a 75 ante when we all combine on Sunday. I feel very lucky to be in solid chip position considering I really didn't play my best and left a bunch of chips on the table which I could have taken with some more assertiveness. I do remember Moneymaker saying that he made numerous mistakes his first day but played better as the tournament progressed.

I pity those who have to play Saturday night and then come back 9 hours later and never get a rest day. I need one desperately.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

Enjoy your day of rest. I hope that your kindest hands are yet to come especially as the pressure keeps growing. Keep it up and believe in your ability.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home