Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hojos and Jitneys

Writing here from a Howard Johnson in Atlantic City, which features free wireless high-speed internet despite charging $150 less than the Borgata...

I think I've got a leg up on some of my competitors based on what I've seen and read the last 24 recently:

"I had planned on arriving in Atlantic city tonight, but decided to switch my flight to a later one so that I could tie up several loose ends before I leave. I'll be arriving in AC at about 6:00am and the tournament at Borgata starts at noon I believe."

- Daniel Negreanu

Does this sound like someone who is ready to compete his hardest for four days? In reality the tournament starts at 11 AM which means an earlier than usual rise for me, though not nearly as early as it will be for Mr. Negreanu.

"The way I'm running, I'm definitely not playing the main event unless I make a score on Stars this weekend, or win a seat via some satellite or another. At this point, I'm almost hoping to be driving home on Sunday."

- Matt Matros

Obviously that one speaks for itself. I also spotted Phil Ivey and Amir Vahedi at the head of a craps table an hour ago at the Borgata, game faces nowhere in sight.

Personally I'm feeling sharp and focused and really looking forward to the tournament. I'm not scared of losing. At the WSOP I think I was a bit scared at times because of bankroll pressure and I think it hurt my play. No fear tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home